Professional Locksmith Service in Canada
The reasons for the breakdown of the lock of the entrance metal door can be very different: urgent dismantling due to an accident, wear and tear, improper use, and others.
Depending on the type of breakage, the repair of the entrance door lock can be done with your own hands or call a specialist. Some manufacturers do not produce additional parts, and the elements of others may not fit in size, completeness. Then the only way out is to replace the mechanism as a whole.
Types Of Locks For The Entrance Door
To understand which locks can be repaired with your own hands and which ones need the attention of a specialist, you should decide what kind of locks they are:
- Transparent - the mechanism is built on a linear (instead of the usual circular method) movement of the key. The main disadvantage is the large size of the key.
- Electronic - unlocks the door with a code or magnetic key.
- Lever- standard mechanism, consists of a plate and a core. The security depends on the number of cuts on the key.
- Cylinder - the most common because of the high degree of security and practicality of the key.
Electronic ones are better to be entrusted to a specialist. As for the rest - if there are no nuances in the design, you can take the following steps.
How To Detect And Fix The Mechanism Breakage
If the lock is expensive - it is better to immediately call a master, his arsenal always has the necessary tools. Others, with a simpler device (suvald, cylinder) can be repaired with your own hands.
It is desirable to have at least minimal skills with tools. Most often, in the case of a breakdown, you may encounter the following problems:
- The reed has stopped slamming: a consequence of wear of the part or external influence. The fault can be eliminated by adjusting.
- The door hardly opens - it is necessary to pay attention to the condition of the bolts. It is also possible that the door leaf is skewed - it is necessary to check the fixing.
- The most common problem for the lock of a metal door - does not turn, jams, or stuck key. The mechanism should be disassembled, cleaned, and lubricated.
- Jamming is the breakage of the latch. If you have where to buy a new one, the repair is possible. Otherwise - full replacement of the mechanism.
Professional Door Lock Repair Company
If you need urgent door repair, use the services of experienced professionals who can quickly change the plunger or cylinder device in the interior and entrance doors. You can also order mortise hinges into the door leaf, install new fittings and open the lock in an emergency.
We are glad to offer our professional services at the best prices. Our advantages:
- Efficiency: making requests 24/7 and arrival of the master on the day of the order;
- Professionalism: professional equipment and quality materials;
- Warranty: conclusion of a contract and an act of work and check.